The first thing people do when they see SEO checklists for the first time is, get anxious and freak out.
Do not do that, EVER!
It’s frustrating. We know that SEO checklists look lengthy, difficult, technical, and overwhelming. But we promise that this list isn’t that bad. It’s not unnecessarily lengthy and boring. How? Because we have targeted some highly amazing and important points in the checklist that serves as the backbone of your website.
These are incrementally beneficial so try to do as many as you can but don’t worry if you have missed one or a few. That’s completely okay and your website can still win hearts.
So, without further ado, let’s move forward and check some important SEO points that you might have missed on your website.
SEO Basics Checklist
Let’s start from the basics:
- Setup Google Search Console which is a free tracking tool that analyzes the overall performance of your site.
- Setup Bing Webmasters Tool, which is equal to Google Search Console in functionality and performance.
- Launch Google Analytics so you can check the overall metrics, such as how many people visited your site, where the traffic is coming from, etc.
- Install some important SEO plugins like Rank Math, Yoast plugin, SEO framework, etc.
- Submit a sitemap that tells Google where to find some important pages on your site.
- Create your Robots.txt file to tell search engines about where they crawl, and where they can’t.
Technical SEO Checklist
Now let’s move to the technical SEO checklist:
- Plan the structure of your website so search engines can navigate every page. You can also use Mind Map to create a proper structure.
- Make sure the website is perfectly crawlable because cannot index and rank the sites that are not crawlable.
- Your site should be indexable. If Google crawls your site, it doesn’t mean the search engine can index it too.
- Your website must use HTTPS which is a lightweight ranking factor. It also protects the visitor’s data.
- Every website should be accessible at a single domain because visitors cannot access a site that has multiple domains. It also leads to crawling and indexing issues.
- Page speed has become a ranking factor today. So, your website should load within the first 3 seconds and users do not have to wait for it.
- Since most people search on mobile phones on priority, your website should also be mobile-friendly.
- Download image compression plugins as they make all the image files smaller as well as improve your page speed.
- Fix broken links on your site as they negatively impact your site’s performance and break the overall flow.
- If there are any duplicate content issues, make sure you fix them as Google doesn’t rank sites with duplicate content.
Keyword Research Checklist
If you don’t know what keywords your audiences are searching for, how can you optimize your website? Keyword research is extremely important for every website, that’s why make sure you follow this checklist too.
- Do periodic keyword research to find out primary and secondary keywords so you can target the right search terms and rank them faster.
- Check the difficulty of ranking a keyword so you can prioritize and set some realistic expectations from your overall SEO.
- Make sure you research what people are looking for, so you can follow the same methodology.
Content is the backbone of your SEO. Without engaging and influential content, it’s hard to beat the biggest competitors. Make sure you follow this content checklist for quick growth.
- Do detailed research. Solve your reader’s problems and give them a solution with your flawless and impactful content. Content in form of tips and ideas seems more meaningful and rank-able.
- Convince readers that your page has all the information your audiences are looking for. If you do that successfully, you can easily experience tons of visits every day which leads to decreased bounce rate.
- Always use headings like H1, H2, and H3 as they help create proper hierarchy and you can break your content into several logical sections.
- Nowadays people do not want to see long-form of text on the pages. So, make sure you include images and visual comprehensions to guide them better about your business.
- It’s recommended to create short sentences and small paragraphs, which are easily scannable.
On-Page SEO Checklist
Let’s follow the on-page SEO checklist now:
- Always use a short and descriptive URL as it helps searchers to know what the overall page is about.
- It’s better to create a compelling title tag. Also, include them in your target keyword.
- Your meta description should be SEO optimized, engaging, and filled with primary keywords.
- Link to different relevant resources so you can help visitors to navigate the site.
- Name all the pages descriptively and add alt text so that your pages can be ranked well.
- Add Schema Markup that helps Google to understand each part of your content better.
- Add internal links to your pages so that search engines and users can have more options to understand your pages better.
Off-Page SEO Checklist
Off-page SEO is crucial for your site. Follow this checklist to know how you can make the most of this strategy.
- Always replicate your competitor’s links
- Backlinks cannot last forever; some links are dropped and some are lost. You can reclaim different important backlinks, and agree to lose the ones that are not important.
- Publish as many guest articles as you can because it increases your authority and reputation.
- Follow niche edits tactic as well, in which you can mention your website link on any reputable existing article. It increases your site’s reputation and traffic as well.
Are You Following These Points?
So, it’s your turn to tell whether you are following the above checklist points or just ignoring them? These points are incredibly important for your site’s growth. If you are not following them, make sure you hire the best SEO agency that can help you with that as they are experts in doing things that are impossible or difficult for common business owners.